Saturday, December 29, 2007

Kingdom Hero-by Angelo Cabrera

Kingdom Hero

God has a hall of fame, filled with God’s champions, found in Hebrews chapter 11. When you read Hebrews 11, immediately you are capture in three ways: 1) Great motivation, “if they could, I can” 2) God is watching us, for there are included people with names and no names, the Lord is aware of each of us 3) Higher priorities, to keep us focus on God’s priorities.

These men and women of faith were sold out to the Lord. They shifted from self-sufficiency to God sufficiency. Paul the apostle said it this way, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” We must do the same daily, that is, surrender to the agenda of Christ.

If we were honest we might sing some well known hymns like this:

I Surrender Some
There Shall be Sprinkles of Blessings
Fill My Spoon, Lord
Ho, How I Like Jesus
He’s Quit a Bit to Me
I Love to Talk About Telling the Story
Take My Life and Let Me Be
It is My Secret What God Can Do
There is Scattered Cloudiness in My Soul Today
Onward, Christian Reserves
Where He Leads Me, I Will Consider Following
Just As I Pretend to Be
When the Saints Go Sneaking In

There are quite humorous but there is an element of truth contained in each of them. “Please tell me in a word,” said a Christian woman to a minister, “what your idea of consecration is?” Holding out a blank sheet of paper the pastor replied, “It is to sign your name at the bottom of this blank sheet, and to let God fill it in as He will.”

It took forty years for Moses to realize he was nothing. He came to a place where there some dry and ugly sticks. He took off his shoes, and you say why? God was in the bush. God is saying: I don’t need a pretty bush, educated bush, or even an eloquent bush. Any old bush will, as long as am in the bush. My sufficiency does not come through who I was, quite the opposite, it comes through who lives in me.

No comments: