Tuesday, March 20, 2007

March Madness

Talk about March Madness! This March 2007 has been very full and quite exciting...From February 28-March 9th Angelo and I were in Israel leading a group from a church! It was our first official New Life Outreach Intl. group tour there and we had a wonderful time visiting the Holy Land and learning more about our rich Judeo-Christian History. (I will post more on this later...)

Now Angelo and my father, Pastor Victor Torres, have left for Ghana West Africa! They took off yesterday and arrived around 3:15 a.m. EST which in Accra, Ghana is 7:15 a.m. There's a 4 hour difference of time which isn't too bad actually, figuring California has a 3 hour difference. They will be there in Ghana for 7 days, enough to give my dad a quick little tour around the city and outskirts and meet the pastors we are now supporting.

I did pack up three 50 lb suitcases of our personal household belongings to begin moving our things over little by little. I sent things like light blankets, hand cranked lanterns and lamps,, Corelle dishes, sheets sets, towels, kitchen items, books, and American favorites like organic peanut butter and jelly, hot cocoa, mac-n-cheese ( I couldn't help it :) I will be preparing to have yard sale soon and put things aside for us to take, mainly books, we all read a lot and our books are important to us more than the other possessions we have. I have also created a wishlist of a few appliances I do want to get ahead of time and take. I went to www.samstores.com to make my selection of 220 appliances like a hand mixer for the kitchen and an iron etc. Yes, I know I can get this stuff there, but it beats bargaining for prices and getting used items I am not sure of even work. This way I can just take a few of these things and be done with it and focus on the more important things when we move there.

I look forward to hearing from Angelo sometime soon. So far the plan is to still move in September of this year Lord willing...I meet with the principal of our girls' school today to discuss their future education and homeschooling choices etc. I am familiar with homeschooling and have had many friends who do so. I homeschooled our first-born for K5 and will visit the annual homeschool convention for Virginia this June! (Help me Lord!!!) Annie is going into 8th and Marisol into 6th grade. The girls are excited and are worried they won't be able to carry along with all their books, Annie has about 4 boxes full of books alone! Marisol doesn't have as many because she shares with Annie and she has some small toys she wants to take.

I think March Madness will continue to blow through 'till September when we embark on this new journey God has for us! Until next time, pray for:

-Continued wisdom and words from God to my father Victor.
-wisdom and grace under pressure for Angelo and I (it's not easy)
-That our home will easily be rented out here in the U.S.
-That God will provide the right home and property for us and our family (which includes our dear extended family member and friend, Suleima, in Ghana.

No comments: